Multilingual Thesaurus and Terminology
The 2014 TOTh Workshop is organized by the Royal Museums of Art and History of Brussels within the scope of the European Project AthenaPlus. It will take place on December 5th, 2014 in Brussels, The Cinquantenaire Museum, Parc du Cinquantenaire 10.
The ever-increasing amount of open data and linked data raises questions concerning its access in a multilingual context. Due to the diversity of the collections, of the institutions that manage them, of the public that has access to them and of the technologies currently available, it is necessary to rethink the notions of thesaurus and terminology, as well as the ways to manage and access these collections.
Some of the topics that will be covered by the TOTh 2014 Workshop include (this list is not exhaustive):
- Principles, Theories and Methods: Thesauri, Terminology, Ontology, Controlled Vocabulary, Semantic Network;
- Embracing and Managing Multilingualism;
- Mapping, Alignment and Harmonisation of terminologies, thesauri, ontologies;
- Indexing and Research;
- The compatibility of the ISO and W3C Standards concerning terminology, thesauri, knowledge systems and interchange format;
- Impact and contributions from new domains and technologies connected to Knowledge Engineering and the Semantic Web;
- Software Environments.
Special attention will be given to the issue of cultural content management.
Submission: Abstracts of one or two pages must be sent to: workshop-toth[at]porphyre.org
Official languages: English and French
Deadline for submission: September 30th 2014
Information: Eva Coudyzer | firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific coordination : C. Roche, R. Costa, E. Coudyzer