Registration for the AthenaPlus-TOTh workshop 2014 in Brussels is open! You can download the preliminary program of the event here: TOTh workshop program.
The ever-increasing amount of open data and linked data raises questions concerning its access in a multilingual context. Due to the diversity of the collections, of the institutions that manage them, of the public that has access to them and of the technologies currently
available, it is necessary to rethink the notions of thesaurus and terminology, as well as the ways to manage and access these collections.
Some of the topics that will be covered by the TOTh 2014 Workshop include (this list is not exhaustive):
- Principles, Theories and Methods: Thesauri, Terminology, Ontology, Controlled Vocabulary, Semantic Network;
- Embracing and Managing Multilingualism;
- Mapping, Alignment and Harmonisation of terminologies, thesauri, ontologies;
- Indexing and Research;
- The compatibility of the ISO andW3C Standards concerning terminology, thesauri, knowledge systems and interchange format;
- Impact and contributions from new domains and technologies connected to Knowledge Engineering and the Semantic Web;
- Software Environments.
You are a cultural heritage institution interested in the topic of terminology management? Please click HERE to register for the AthenaPlus-TOTh 2014 workshop.
Official website: http://www.porphyre.org/workshop-toth/2014-en